Had my first party in FFXIV today. Adding to my continued complaints about simple conveniences that were lost in the transition from XI:
1) No ability to invite people unless they're right next to you.
2) No ability to see party members on the map.
3) No ability to target party members other than with the mouse or tab key.
That last one is why I don't ever plan to play a healer in that game.
In case you forgot, here's some other inconveniences I may or may not have mentioned earlier:
1) No AH.
2) No player search.
3) No organization with bazaars.
4) No shortcut keys.
5) No ability to see what area your friends/LSmates are in.
6) No ability to see what level or job your friends/LSmates are.
I really don't get this. You'd think they'd taken everything they learned from FFXI and gone forward, not back. But FFXI looks like the superior game here. At the very least, you don't have to look at someone selling something for 30k and wonder if that's a bargain or a ripoff.
I've heard FFXIAH is going to do something to determine average prices by basing it off people's bazaars, but come on... do we really have to rely on an external website for such simple information?
Would be nice to not have to go to Eorzeapedia to look up crafting recipes, too. Considering how essential crafting is to this game, they made it even more inconvenient than FFXI's system.....
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment