One thing that surprises me is how few people play both games. You'd think with the discout there would be people who did. But most of my FFXI friends don't want to try FFXIV, and most of the FFXIV people who did play FFXI quit the latter game some time ago. I joined a shell for characters from Odin, but as near as I can tell I'm the only one who actually still plays both games. I've only met 2 other people who play both, also.
Not that I blame them. Keeping up with 2 MMOs costs time and money. Makes sense to focus on one.
Just weird is all.
In other news, Front Mission Evolved is really fun. The story kinda sucks but the gameplay is awesome. Of course, it basically plays like Armored Core... But Armored Core is awesome, so whatev'.
It has more of a story than Armored Core, too. It's not a GOOD story, but at least it's something. And actually it is good, in a way. If you took the tropes from every Mecha anime you've ever seen and put them in a video game, you'd end up with Front Mission Evolved. I guess what I'm trying to say is the story isn't great, but at least it's amusing.
I've been having a blast with the game. Highly recommend it if you like third person shooters or giant robots.
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The beta about killed my interest in 14, but if they fix a lot of the major problems with it (the weapon/armor durability would be my primary problem, the poor UI being a close second) I'd play it. Of course my 11 account is lapsed at the moment, but we all know it won't be that way forever.
On the other hand, Civilization 5 came out, and I only have time for one giant time-sucker game :D
Post a Comment