Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thinking

This sudden news about my credit card issues has got me thinking. Maybe it's time I left the game.

I started playing back when FFXI was first released in the U.S. Oct.... 2002? I think... Not really sure. But not important.

What is important is this: my friends. Or lack thereof. I used to carry around 6-7 linkshells. I had tons of friends, so many that I ran into problems when my friendslist hit the 200 person maximum. Every time I logged on, there would always be at least one person to talk to, and sometimes I'd be juggling two or three conversations at once.

But that was then. Most of those friends have since quit the game or moved to different servers. Sure, I keep up with a lot of them through email and AIM, but that's different from the game. I now have about 20 people on flist who still log in and play on Odin. Many of those live in different countries, so when it's evening for them and they want to do events, it's night time for me and I need to sleep. Plus, whenever something's going on, I'm usually not invited unless I ask if I could come, and that makes me feel sad. Plus another one announced he's quitting at the end of the month.

Ironically, the last person who talked to me a lot and invited me to stuff was Agana. She would always invite me to ISNM or ZNM or stuff. I think once I did Salvage with her, too. This was before I knew what sort of person she really was. That's why I still feel hurt by what she did, even though I wasn't involved in what happened. It's hard to find out one of your friends was a horrible person.

It's not like I have much time to play anymore, either. Just a few hours a night. Maybe I should quit until 14 comes out. In the meantime, I could finally play SMT Imagine, instead. I love SMT and I downloaded the MMO months ago, but I still haven't played it. Maybe now's the time.

No comments: