So I finally finished this thing last night. It took 3 tries to beat the final boss. I've noticed a pattern: On his third phase, whenever he hits 50%, he always does a stun move at the exact time he summons his allies. Twice, I lost because the blms got stunned and couldn't sleep the henchmoogles. The third time it almost happened again, but luckily Brizzy was out of range of the stun move. The fight otherwise went smoothly.
Dark Knight is really good for this mission. Any melee will do, but DRK is the best. magic and weapon skills do double damage to these guys, meaning drain and drain II will keep a drk standing when the mages are too busy to cure. Absorb-TP works well; the mobs don't seem to have any defense against dark magic. And of course, stun is nice for the henchmen.
The first time through, I was able to take the boss from 50% to 20% solo, after damn near everyone else in the party was dead and those who weren't were busy with the henchmen. I still believe I would have had a good chance at finishing him, too, except I kept getting stunned and knocked back, which kept my drains from going off. If I ever wind up in that situation again, I'll fight with my back to the wall. But now that I know the trick, I think it's unlikely for everyone but me to wipe.
I don't know what to get for a prize. The fact is, I've got homam, askar and denali headgear, so all of my jobs except mages are pretty much set, and I don't use my mages much, so it's not like I have to worry about them. At the same time, the mage hat is the only one that doesn't look ugly. Dunno what to do....
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh sweet, you finished it up. I was waiting to see you around before putting another run together to help you finish this up.
The stun move you're referring to is his Crystalline Flare move. During Phase 1 and 2, he uses that at 75% and it still stuns. During phase 3, it essentially becomes a TP move and he definitely uses it at 50%.
Congrats on finishing it though.
As for the hat, STR+4/WS Acc+15 and Acc+10/Att+5 will be the best options, even if you have all those other other hats for your melee. Most of your melee jobs have multihit weapon skills that would benefit greatly from this. It also has near the power of a Hecatomb Hat+1 and beats the shit out of Ace's helm. Askar and Denali are good, but they don't come close to that combination.
Post a Comment