Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Credit card troubles

So... SE instituted a new policy where all credit cards have to have some kind of new security feature or they can't be used.

My card is apparently inelligible for said feature.

Thanks SE. Thanks a lot for this BS.

So I get one month to solve the problem, or that's goodbye to FFXI for me.

3 comments:

J-AWS said...

That explains why I had to re-enter my credit card info all of a sudden o.O

Have you considered a paypal credit card or other one-use CC plan?

Qtipus said...

You can change your credit card info without having to worry about the verified by visa/mastersecure crap by going through a PS2 or XBox if you have one.

There's also the option of calling customer service to have them update your information as well.

Kauna said...

Tried calling them, but apparently they can't change it for me if it's not 3-D secure. They offered to take my information and call me if they start accepting non 3-D secure cards but... like that's going to happen.

I don't have the game on a console, so if I want to keep playing, I only have one choice: get a new credit card that's compatible for the sole purpose of playing FFXI. That sucks.

Luckily, I already do have a second credit card. I keep it for emergencies. But the fact that I might have to use it for this pisses me off.