So.... Last year there was the Sherlock Holmes movie, and it was awesome. Easily the best movie of 2009, IMO. It was certainly successful to already garner two sequels, and currently they're looking for someone to play Professor Moriarty. Who would be a good actor for the job? Here's my top picks:
* Alan Rickman. The guy does sinister really well, as we all know from Harry Potter or Demon Barber. And he's already got experience playing an evil professor.
* Gary Oldman. This guy's just amazing all around, even if he does get cast in a lot of crappy films (Lost in Space, anyone?). Frankly I think he's the best actor as Commissioner Gordon in the new Batman films. He's been heroes and villains, and he's able to do both roles well. I think he'd make a good Moriarty too.
* Richard Armitage. I've only seen this guy in the BBC's Robinhood, but he played a convincingly evil Guy of Gisborne. Plus I think he really looks the part of someone who could be the antagonist to Robert Downey Jr.'s Holmes.
* Keith Allen. I'm not actually sure about him, as again, I've only really seen him in the BBC's Robinhood, where he played the Sheriff of Nottingham. Unlike Gisborne, he was more energetic and over-the-top, but that's a charm that made him the best character in that series. But could he play a more serious character in Moriarty? It's hard to tell, but my gut instinct says yes. Why? Because Keith Allen is a master at expressions. It wasn't the writing that made Sheriff Vaisey great, it was the guy playing him.
* Christopher Walken? Ok, prolly not. But you gotta admit that would be fun to watch. XD
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment